DIY All-natural Dry Shampoo
You’re trying to train your hair to be shampooed less. You’re camping with limited access to amenities of a hot, sudsy shower. You’re, ahem, in med school.
Whatever you’re reason, here’s a dry shampoo for you!
Keeping with the DIY toiletries and cosmetics, this project is simple, all natural and smells great.
- 2 parts arrowroot powder (I used 2 tbsp.)
- 1 part cocoa powder*
- Sprinkle of cinnamon**
*Cocoa works best for brunettes to avoid a chalky appearance
** Cinnamon adds a great smell, and more cinnamon can be used for those with reddish hued hair
- Blondes, nix the cocoa and cinnamon and stick with the arrowroot powder. Instead, add 5-10 drops of your favourite essential oil to add a splash of scent.
Mix all ingredients and add to a resealable container.
Now it’s ready to use!
- Part hair and apply dry shampoo with a powder brush.
- Repeat, parting your hair in a new location.
- Allow the absorptive magic of the powder to work wonders on your hair that’s gone a couple days (or 4 or 5…) without a shampoo.
- Shake out powder and style your hair as per usual (…or not!)
Enjoy the luxury of those extra minutes of sleep, sans shower.